Pounders,

I took my keying into the solid state realm, and eliminated moving parts.
http://www.cwtouchkeyer.com/

I use this model, the Touch Tapper
http://www.cwtouchkeyer.com/TT1.htm

I prefer the vertical motion, the way my fingers move on a keyboard. And without heavy ballast, it doesn't slide around on the desk. (I put rubber feet directly under the paddles.)

Performance with my K3/100 has been flawless. Kit building experience was pleasant. The company owner was most helpful when I had questions.

You can even make your own custom enclosure. Look on the site for the funny one made from a D-104 mike head.

Windy KM5Q
Santa Fe, NM
K3 #764