To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Re: K3 Audio

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 09:30:55 +0100, Andrew Forrest wrote:

It appears that this effect is nothing to do with clipping or
transformer saturation but some kind of mixing.

I'm also not convinced that this particular screen shot is non-
linear distortion. It could be aliasing in the FFT software that's
part of the decoder.

On the other hand, the pdf below DOES show both harmonic distortion
and IM distortion on the Line Output when the Line Out level is set
too high (driving the transformer being driven beyond it's ratings).

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/K3FilterStudy.pdf

73,

Jim Brown K9YC