Yep! The K2 power monitor monitors peak power, which most QRP awards say
should be no more than 10 watts peak envelope power (PEP) in SSB.

Your average power will be less, depending upon the amount of speech
compression you select in the MENU. More compression will produce greater
average output power. That's the whole point of compression.

I'm not aware of any limits on compression or speech processing placed on
eligibility for SSB QRP awards, just PEP.

Ron AC7AC