David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:

> I can here a number of stations, not sure if you got me as being on,
> lots of adj. station interference I can't filter out.
> --
> I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says
> something about human nature that the only form of life we have
> created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own
> image.

Dave G4AON was the loudest with me, but he was still only a few dB above the
constant S7 "frying" noise I get here. I called twice but I guess he didn't
hear me. Also heard the station from Cumbria running 25 watts, but again
only a few dB over the noise. I actually could hear better on my 10m dipole.
Signals were lower but the noise was even less. No chance of transmitting
into that, though.

All rigs had very clear audio that made it possible to copy despite the poor
S/N ratio (no doubt the K3 RX helped.)

I have come to the conclusion that the slinky dipole is useless. I would
like to try a loaded dipole but I don't have the time to make one at the
moment, also I don't have an antenna analyzer so making one would be a bit
tricky. It would need to be no more than about 40 feet end to end to fit
into my attic without doubling back. Anyone know of something like that
which is commercially available? All I could find was the G3OJV 80plus2
which is just over 50 feet long, and I am not sure if it would fit, or work,
in my attic.

-----
Julian, G4ILO
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack