I have the 1000 Hz filter Tony and find it useful for CW.  I also have the
500 Hz filter.  I operate mostly CW contests, and typically dial in a DSP BW
of 300 hz for search and pounce (500 hz filter activated) and a 600 hz BW
for running (1000 hz filter activated).  Another place where the 1000 hz
filter is quite handy is when using the dual PB feature for CW receive.
                        ... Craig  AC0DS