-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of DW Holtman
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2008 6:41 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K2 Mods

Hello,

I finally got around to installing the CW LED tuning indicator by Tom
Hammond N0SS. It works great, I should have put it in way back when, upon
completion of the K2. It is both sensitive to weak signals and selective.

Next I'm thinking about putting the Fixed Audio Output for digital modes
created by Don Wilhelm W3FPR. It looks very well designed. Don has put a lot
of time and effort into this project to design, build and document so
everyone can read and understand it. Have many put this in and are you happy
with the results? I'm a little nervous about drilling holes in the back
panel.

Don also has a another project on his very informative web page. This is a
switch box to make the connections from Digital modes to SSB without
unplugging cables and changing the compression settings on the SSB Board.
Has anyone built this and how do you like it? Would it be possible to
combine the two. So a fixed audio would be applied to the mic plug to use in
the switch box? This would also eleminate drilling the back panel?

I did not know if I should send this to Don, since he is the expert on most
things related to the K2. But, I thought I would send it to the group for
any ideas and hopefully Don will let everyone know what he thinks.

Best,
DW Holtman
Wb7SSN