I am the happy owner of  K3 #340.  I also own a Kenwood TS 830S, which is one
fine radio, even in 2008 (see Sherwood's tables for performance figs.).
However,  I have never had much success with the 830's noise blanker, and
usually don't bother to turn it on; whereas with the K3's noise fighters are
able to eliminate practically all the line noise at my qth.  I used to use an
MFJ 1026 device to quite effectively eliminate noise when using the 830, but
find I don't need it with the K3.  What gives??

George, n4ym
K2 #4758
K3 #340