Don Rasmussen wrote:

> Bill, just to clarify:
>
> My suggestion is, that for someone that's using the
> standard LP-PAN + Power-SDR + E-MU 0202 setup, there
> is no benefit to doing the mod, as the Y coordinates
> in PowerSDR are adjustable (as discussed on the Yahoo
> LP-PAN list).

The Y coordinates of PowerSDR have nothing to do with this.  Before PowerSDR
ever detects a signal, there is effectively a 17.7 dB attenuator ahead of it
and PowerSDR will never see any signals that are less than 17.7 dB above the
noise floor.  For the first week I had CW Skimmer, I thought it was terrible
at decoding weak signals.  Then I discovered the actual reason it wasn't had
nothing to do with the Skimmer software but with the K3's transfer loss.

Thinks of it this way...if you're trying to listen to an extremely weak
signal, would you like a 17.7 dB attenuator between it and your ears?  I
don't think so.

73,  Bill