I just received my KRX3 along with the 2.7K and 500Hz roofing filters. I'm
wondering for diversity reception how big a deal is it that they be matched? My
500Hz filters have -.80 and -.77 offsets, while the 2.7Ks have -.84 and -.90. I
don't really care about SSB, but am a little concerned about what difference it
might make on 160 and 80 CW weak signal reception. I guess there's one way to
find out....... I'm wondering if I should fudge the setup a little for the
filters and split the difference on the offsets. Has anyone tried anything like
this? I thought about paying the $30/set to get them matched, but thought that
Elecraft should do this when they shipped the KRX3. If someone ordered 5 pole
filters for the KRX3, how hard would it be to ask what the offset was in any
original filters that were being mirrored in the 2nd RX? They could send a
matched filter with the order. I may have missed it, but I don't recall much
being said back in May of 2007
 about matched filters in the two receivers. If it were a requirement to
properly implement one of the features of the radio, then the matching should
be included as part of the purchase.

If matching optimizes performance, then perhaps those of us with different
offsets should try swapping filters to get it exact or as close as possible.
Maybe it's not necessary but it does have me wondering?

73,
Dave N8AG