Yesterday for the first time Elecraft came to the Northeast to the ARRL
Convention in Boxboro MA.
The booth was hosted by Eric an Lerma and it was my personal pleasure to
meet some real people from Elecraft after being a happy customer for many
years.
The booth attracted a good steady crowd most of the day, with a number of
people seeing the K3 for the first time. The booth was located right next to
the Ten Tec booth which seemed to attract little interest.
Eric gave a wonderful technical discussion of the design parameters and
decisions made in the K3. He also gave some information about Elecraft that
I didn't know. The company has 24 people, some of whom work from home. Even
Lyle and Gary are in different states. The company produces only ham radio
products and is now in its tenth year.
The manufacture of the K3 has been Eric's own responsibility and has been a
strain at times. It seems that whenever the backlog appears to be shrinking
the order rate picks up. He said that there is now about a 3 1/2 months
backlog which he hopes to shrink to zero by the end of the year.
The kdvr3 are now in production with a number of finished boards, but are
waiting for firmware. No word on the timing of this.
The 6 meter preamp is very near ready and should be introduced in a few
weeks.
The K2 continues to have interest and will be supported.

I want to thank Eric and Lerma for their visit to MA and hope that they will
come back sooner than ten years.
-73 Bill AA1O
K2 1740
K3 287