I have installed the new beta firmware on #980 and am suffering agc
instability.  I have returned the agc settings to default and still
experience random  S meter movements to 30dB over 9 and corresponding lack
of audio output.  Turning off the agc removes the problem.  This is not qrm
coming from the antenna because it happens in exactly the same way with the
antenna disconnected.

I used the latest loader in windows xp.

Any ideas please?  I have repeated the firmware upgrade and have also binned
the file and downloaded a fresh copy.

73 Stephen G4SJP