How are all the "features" accessed from a knob? I had assumed there would be some buttons.

David Wilburn
K4DGW

Mike McLendon wrote:
Hello!

If you are interested in testing and providing feedback on pre-release
software, you have a Griffin Technology PowerMate knob, and a PC running
Windows XP connected to your K2 / K3 serial port, then read on. I do not
have a K2, and thus support is limited, but I would be interested in hearing
from any K2 testers.

Responding to requests to provide a K2/K3-specific driver and utility to
permit use of the Powermate, I developed a Windows application, EZSet3, that
allows the user to program K2/K3 commands into the PowerMate knob's TAP,
HOLD, ROTATE CCW, ROTATE CW movements. EZSet3 is released under a 'no fee'
GNU GPL license.

The application features an practically unlimited storage for the user's
favorite commands, 10 knob function program access buttons and operation in
the background so other programs can run.  In fact, simultaneous operation
of the PowerMate with a panadaptor, logging program, Elecraft KRC2 and
SteppIR has been tested.
Here is the Griffin site if you are curious about the PowerMate:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate

EZSet3 application installation files can be downloaded here:

http://www.mclendon.info/files/SetupEZSet3.zip

I have no affiliation with Elecraft or Griffin other than that of customer.
Please email all questions and comments regarding installation and use to
mike (at) mclendon (dot) info and do NOT use the Elecraft reflector.
73 - Mike, KE4U