This is exactly what LP-Bridge is designed to do... allow integration of K3, LP-PAN and a number of other simultaneous applications like loggers, CW Skimmer, etc., as well as hardware that needs frequency data like SteppIR and AT Auto. LP-Bridge will expand to include other capabilities as well.

73,
Larry N8LP

Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 01:45:47 -0400
From: alex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Elecraft] K3  &  LOGGING  SOFTWARE
To: k3 ref <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Many of use our rigs with contest software. Here are some operating experiences which may be helpful: Please report your own expereinces with other software, so that we will not have to reinvent the wheels!!!

Using  K3   with  K1EA   CT-DOS v 10.03:  the following  worked FB
Plain vanilla pc machine running either WIN98se or 6.22 DOS. K1EA CT-DOS V 10.03, set COMTSR2 -b4800 active, choose TS940 as transceiver and
in ct setup,  comport2 = radio1, 4800baud.
Bandmap, band changes-from the K3 & from CT all worked. Did not check split freq operations.
lpt2  as keying  interface  with  CT  paralell  port  circuit   worked fb
NOTE: I had no tnc and cannot vouch for point es shoot, announcements etc

Using  CTWin  Windows op  version  of  K1EA  CTWIN:
PC: Dell laptop 840c, xp pro, with Prolific USB-Comport device as comport3. Baud rate 4800
Transceiver  TS940,  setup:  comport3 = radio1, 4800 baud rate
LPT2  as keying input
RESULTS: CTWIN worked fb EXCEPT entering freq on ctwin did not change the K3 frequency but changing the freq on the K3 registered fb on ctwin. Again no experience with a tnc, spot annoucements etc. I do not know how to set up CTWIN for TELENET operations.

Using  ctWIN   IN WINDOWS XPPRO,  K1EA  CTWIN
PC: Dell840c laptop, Prolific USB-Comport device AND LP-Bridge software from <Telepostinc.com> setting LP-Bridge Virtual Comport 1 with 1A option checked & K3 baudrate set at 38400 baud.
LPT2  as keying  input  toctwin.
RESULTS: CTWin worked fb, could set K3 freq from ctwin, all else as above.

This technique of using a Virtual COMPORT via LP-BRidge might be one method of using both the LP-PAN panadapter AND a logging/contest program simultaneously. NOTE there are 3 possible VIRTUAL COMPORTS available on LP-Bridge software.

Others might relate their expereinces with other loggin/contest software as well

alex w2ox