Hello K3 gurus!

I received my factory built K3 this past week, and yesterday received my K2
Heil
Pro-set and some Anderson Powerpole connectors...  Last night I wired up a
serial
line splitter so I could connect my K3's serial port to the same serial cable
that
goes to my sequencer (that will switch any of my XMTRS into XMIT)and CIV level
converter (for my IC746).  So it looks like I am getting close to being able to
make
some noise with it ;-)

Currently, I run my Heil #5 boom mic (along with the LINE OUTPUT from my
computer)
through a W2IHY Audio Equalizer and Noise Gate (and then through interrupt
relays)
before they go to the Mic input of the IC746.  With the K2 Pro-set from
Elecraft, I
received a resistor and a bunch of jumper connectors with an instruction sheet
on
modifications I need to make to the K3 so it will be able to work with the K2
Pro-set.

My question is this:  If I use the current microphone/audio in arrangement, do
still have to modify the K3 for the K2?  If I install all the jumpers and
resistor
into the K3, will I be prevented from using the W2IHY Audio Equalizer and Noise
Gate
in front of the K3?  Will I harm anything by just trying different setups the
way the
K3 came from the factory?

MNI TNX for any guidance or suggestions you may be able to provide.  VY 73,
Lance
--
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8)
P.O. Box 73