Stewart, I don't know the specifications.  My shack is 23C and the K3
has been on receive all day.  The FP is 31-32C and PA is 30C.
My fans start when I'm barely into a QSO and when the PA reaches 37C.
I calibrated the PA just yesterday.

73, GAry W7TEA

I have had my K3 on receive most of the day, whilst doing other
things in the shack.

By chance I touched the top of the case and it felt quite hot,
given that the shack temperature is 26 deg. According to the LCD
readout both the FP and PA temps were at 34 deg.