Has anyone else noticed that there is a substantial difference in the mark
space ratio of the keying dependent on whether you operate QSK/semi break in
compared with manual transmit, eg push the transmit button on the front
panel or use a foot switch to enter transmit.

The QSK/semi break in are similar but they are much lighter than in the
constant transmit mode.

I did notice when I first got the K3 that the QSK/semi break in was light
and I had to compensate for that in my keyer. Likewise the built in keyer
seems to have a default setting to cater for the light keying. No great
drama - just an observation.

Just for general information I have just wired up my K3 to my FL7000 linear
for auto band change as per the directions from W4TV back on 23 May. It
works great but the tx inhibit is unusable in other than QSK. However I
don't need it for proper operation and have turned it back off in the Config
setting.

73

Barry  VK2BJ