I have to say I'm hoping that by the time it matters to me, Elecraft will have implemented Ultimatic, otherwise I can see myself buying a WKUSB or K12-EXT and fitting it into the K3 somewhere.

I realise that your're busy Wayne and this is probably quite a way down on your list, but please consider implementing Ultimatic, perhaps in place of Iambic if you have space issues and can give people the choice at f/w upgrade time?
73 de M0XDF, K3 #174
--
Mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe.
-Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)