During my short time with the list (K2 5982 / K3 766) it has been a technical list. These folks are not your average hams. They will dig into a piece of equipment and understand what makes it tick. It is an amazing think tank of information that I enjoy reading everyday.

That being said, I do have separate folders for K3, K2, Elecraft (each with a Keepers sub folder). All Elecraft email ends up in one of those folders.

I use Thunderbird, and it has a search function in the corner much like google. I plug in a keyword in the subject line of a thread that I want to read, and boom. I have all the emails, sorted by date. And only that thread. I may read some of it, all of it, or throw the whole thing away (in my case, anything about microphones or SSB). I clear the search function, all of the threads are back.

But that is just me. And that is what is so special about this list. Lots of great info, and a delete key too. What more can you ask for? Ok, they got the Mojo too!

David Wilburn
K4DGW

Monty Shultes wrote:
I get the daily digest.  I am switching to individual posts because I find
myself reading fewer posts.  The ones I skip are:

a) Ones that should go to Elecraft Support/Sales/Parts
b) Ones that relate to a topic fully covered in the manual
c) Ones that are covered on the Elecraft website
d) Details of measurements.  I would like to have access to these via the web
e) Ones that are primarily a discussion of third party equipment/software.
Websites for such are usually very good.

I do not mind skipping these posts, but the risk of missing something interesting grows as the volume of uninteresting things grows. Monty, K2DLJ
K3 #699