I don't know about others, but I find a bug a bit heavy and clumsy to carry
around hiking on a mountain trail, not to mention the danger of damaging it.
Even my "smallish" E.F. Johnson version of the Speed-X is bigger than my
KX1.

I prefer to carry my bugs in proper boxes and use them on a table top.

Ron AC7AC