Ian,

You should be able to use the KEYOUT-LP signal line. It is an open drain circuit in the K3, so depending on your transverter design, you may or may not have to add a pullup resistor. The pullup can go to the +12 volt line or anything lower in your transverter. I would suggest that a pullup resistor value of 2.2k to 10k ohms should work. Use a higher value with higher voltages. The current when the KEYOUT-LP line is low should be limited to 10 ma. or less.

73,
Don W3FPR

Ian Maude wrote:
Hi all,
I have just finished building and aligning a 4m transverter from Spectrum Communications which I intend to connect ot the K3 (and indeed have had working) as well as my XV144. The 4m transverter needs 0 volts to key the PTT. Can I use pin 10 off the accessory jack? Are there any other things I need to know about using an Elecraft transverter and a non-Elecraft one in a chain? I am using the transverter interface at 1mW.