I vote for a configuration option.

Bob Serwy - N9RS

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Howard Klein
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 4:39 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3: A>B two-step (was "illogical coding") (wayne
burdick)

Since your listening and counting I 'm voting. I had exactly the experience
Bob had. Couldn't transmit, then when I thought I had it all figured out (4
tries later) in my haste I transmitted on the DX frequency :-( (mea culpa).
I believe there would be no problem if the sub RX is installed but under my
current  cx's it is very cumbersome. On the other hand I see Wayne's point
IF the sub RX is available. My vote make it an op option.
73,
Howard..K2HK

Lyle wrote:
The changes came about as a result of careful deliberation based on input
from customers, followed by field testing and evaluation of that feedback.
We're listening!

Wayne wrote:
Suppose you're using SPLIT, listening to a weak DX station on the main RX
(in a very narrow bandwidth with preamp on), while tuning for a clear spot
with the sub RX (using a wider bandwidth and preamp off). With one tap of
A>B you can move VFO B back to the starting point and work your way up
again. If this also copied VFO A's filter and preamp settings (etc.) to VFO
B, you'd have to set them up all over again. But I'll be happy to sit back
and listen to arguments pro and con. If it looks like a lot of operators
would prefer to copy everything with one tap, I could add a menu entry. If
no one argues in favor of two-tap (including the field testers), I could
change it outright. I'm easy :) Thanks for your input.