G'day,

#345 now has two ears.  Installation, including the R91 modification, went
without drama.

Initially I had an ERR DSE result from the 2nd VCO calibration operation.
Reloading the DSP2 firmware fixed that.  The problem just might have been
my own making because I forgot to turn the radio off and back on after
enabling the sub RX in CONFIG.  The K3 utility was showing the DSP2
firmware as version 00.00 before the reload.

Another surprise was the clock time was advanced about five and a half
hours and the date was back to the big bang 00:00:00, also the K3 utility
didn't reset the RS232 port back to 4800.  I only noticed this when there
was no communication with Logger32.

What would be useful is a current list of what configuration items are
automatically common to the two receivers.  This would save wondering if
things like the RX equaliser needed copying to the SUB RX, AGC settings
etc.

Looking forward to the audio mixer, not sure I like the RX1 left ear, RX2
right ear business.

My 2K7 roofing filters have a 40Hz off-set difference. I did ask if one
the same as that I already had could have been supplied, no luck.
Enabling the SUB and A>B and locking the VFOs produced a very deep beat in
the audio about 1-2Hz.  Will have a fiddle with the filter off-set +20Hz
and -20Hz respectively to hear what happens.

So, back on with the training wheels.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO