I suppose when Wayne has time, he can modify the display
driver to light two fewer segments so the "V" is "v."
That will not conflict with dBV is that offends your sense
of propriety.

However, since the previous "meter selection" is AFV (AF Voltage),
dBV makes plenty of sense as way to identify the meter setting.
dBA would also make sense but it also has a specific "standard"
meaning.