zibs wrote:
But in Data A mode, one can expand the receive width out to 4 kHz using the
2.7 kHz filter. If you attempt to transmit below 200 or above 2800 Hz, power
output will drop to zero.

The user needs to be aware when clicking on the waterfall as one can receive
signals on frequencies in which they cannot transmit.

At present there is no wideband Tx in DATA A. You can prevent the problem by not enabling a wider filter in receive for Data modes. Currently the filter configuration does not support separate filters for DATA and SSB modes, so this would also inhibit ESSB operation.

We'll put it on the list.

Thanks!

73,
Lyle KK7P

Steve N9SZ

Lyle Johnson wrote:
 > Just getting my new K3 working on PSK31 and noticed that it seems to be
 > > important to limit the range of the transmit frequency...

I just swept my K3 in DATA A mode.using the LINE IN jack for sourcing
the Tx audio.  It is flat from below 200 Hz to higher than 2800 Hz
using a 2.,8 kHz IF filter.

Be sure you don't have TxEQ set to restrict the transmit bandwidth.
TxEQ is active for *all* Tx audio paths in all modes.  For DATA A or
DATA AFSK, it should be flat.

73,

Lyle KK7P