> The K3 uses a DSP IF at 15 kHz.  The roofing filter is the
> primary means of suppressing the 15 kHz image on transmit
> and receive.  In wideband modes (ESSB, AM and FM), this is
> especially true.

Let's see ... with a 15 KHz DSP IF, the image would be 30 KHz
minus the modulating frequency (for AM) from the center of the
transmit ("roofing") filter.  Based on the specifications of
Inrad's 8 and 9 MHz AM filters (8 pole) and their 7 MHz (6
pole) front end filters (15 and 20 KHz wide at -1 dB), the
FM filter's shape factor should be in the 1.6 to 1.8 range
and the -60 dB bandwidth between 20 and 25 KHz.  Unless the
filter or circuit layout has a major problem, the response
should down at least 90 dB at +/- 15 KHz.

With AM (worst case), assuming the carrier is centered in the
filter and a highest modulating frequency of 4 KHz (K3 limit
for ESSB), the image sideband is 26 KHz from the center of the
(transmit) IF filter - well into the filter stopband.

With an ultimate rejection of "only" 90 dB 25 KHz away from
the center of the filter, the transmitted image from a 1500
Watt (peak) amplifier will be 1.5 microwatts peak for an ESSB
signal, 0.75 microwatts for the carrier of an AM signal or
0.375 microwatts for the sideband of an AM signal.  90 dB of
image rejection is more than 30 dB better than the 5th order
IMD from most amateur 1500 watt amplifiers and 40 dB better
than the K3's own 9th order IMD performance (ARRL measurements).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV