To: "Elecraft Group" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2008 9:09 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 Chaining CW Messages Quirk

I just got my K3 (s/n 1662) up and running and I am still getting acquainted with it. I loaded some simple messages into the CW Message buffers and upon
playing them back noticed an issue.  If I try to chain two messages
together, while the first message is playing if I press the second M#
button while the first message is sending a character, the current character
being sent is truncated immediately at that point.  The message goes on to
send the remaining characters in the message buffer and then sends the
second message.  If I get lucky and press the second M# button during the
space between characters (and this can be tested easily at slow speeds) no
character truncation takes place and both messages are sent correctly.  I
have all updated firmware as of two days ago. Any thoughts on this besides
not to chain messages? :)

Thanks & 73,
Jack - N2JT
[EMAIL PROTECTED]