Paul,

Looking at the Line Out with noise from an Elecraft N-Gen
indicates the K3 audio is quite dramatically band limited.

With the maximum DSP high cut frequency and the 13 KHz first
IF filter, broadband detected noise in either AM or SSB drops
45 dB between 4 KHz and 4.2 KHz with a further 15 dB roll off
between 4.2 KHz and 9 KHz where it reaches the noise floor of
the measuring device.  The HF limit for data modes is also
4 KHz - depending on data sub-mode and center frequency.  The
HF limit for CW is approximately 2.5 KHz with the highest
available "Spot" frequency and center frequency (shift).

I think is it safe to treat the audio as band limited ...

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV