Been wondering just how the TX Gain calibration works. To quote from the
manual - "The gain constant is updated whenever the TUNE function is activated on a given band at one of three specific power levels: 5.0W, 50W, and 1.00 milliwatt."

I'm surprised there have not been any comments on this matter as it's an excellent question.

To Stewart's point, does the gain of the K3 recalibrate every time TUNE is depressed at one of the three stated power levels when the CONFIG menu is set as instructed in the alignment section of the owner's manual for "PWR Set = nor?"

Does the K3's display need to reflect "PWR Set" simultaneously for the calibration to occur, or can we exit from the CONFIG menu prior to the gain alignment so long as "PWR SET - nor"?

Finally, what prevents the re-loading of new gain data if as Stewart suggest, he sets the K3 power to exactly 5 watts or 50-watts and depresses TUNE for external ATU tuning purposes? Should he instead stay away from those two values and use perhaps 49 or 51 watts?

I am running into the same issue as my K3's 10M output power appears to be substantially less (~ 75W) than on lower HF bands. I would like to ensure that I have calibrated gain for 10M and 6M and know that the routine was invoked as expected.

Paul, W9AC