Ken Kopp wrote:
It seems ... to me anyway ... that attempting to keep MARS frequencies "secret" is terribly silly! Do the MARS "leaders" actually think they aren't / can't be heard by anyone who wants to
listen??!! What's the rationale? Am I missing something? >

I suspect this is more about instilling proper military security procedure, rather than about really keeping them secret.

Incidentally, unless you know the frequencies, you will not know what additional filtering you need. Even though you can open up the K3 for all but CB frequencies, I doubt that the K3 meets its spectral purity specifications much outside the ham bands, so one would need to measure the purity on the actual operating frequencies and, possibly, add extra filtering.

--
David Woolley