Luis,

You cannot use DTR to key the K2 (but it is OK on the K3). You will have to split out the DTR pin and run it through a transistor to activate the K2 keying.

*Periodic warning* - even though the K2 AUX I/O connector is the same size and shape as a PC serial port, that *does not* make it an RS-232 connector - yes, there are 3 pins that conform to the RS-232 signals TXD, RXD and signal ground, but that is as far as it goes, the rest are internal K2 signals used for communicating with other Elecraft equipment such as the KAT100 and the XV series transverters. Plugging a computer serial cable directly into the K2 can *damage* your K2.

73,
Don W3FPR

Lou Aguilar wrote:

Hi K2/Mac users,

Is there any Mac software that supports the "KY" command to send morse code on the K2?

I am currently using MacLoggerDX to key the K3 using the DTS signal, Can this be done on the K2?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Luis
de KN1W