Congratulations on your accomplishment. Last spring a group of students in my
electronics class undertook the challenge of building a K2 (SN6281) It is now
part of ARS KI6PRK at Dos Pueblos high school in Goleta CA.  It was completed
just before school let out for the summer and the new classes are just
getting used to it. 3 students from last year are still on campus and currently
taking the classes along with 17 of their classmates.  We have done a little
hamming and have two students nearing there general exams.  Latest news is I
have
acquired a 60 ft tubular crank-up tower for the club station. Donated by K6HOZ,
who has moved to Las Vegas to run his business, he needed to remove it from
the prior residence.  It's nice to have generous friends.  My K3, sn 31 has
spent many hours in the classroom also.  FYI, the students who built ranged in
age from 15 to 17 and did all the work themselves. My contribution was to post
an inquiry on this list when it was deemed necessary to reset the firmware.
One problem was experienced and fixed when I admonished them to review the
assembly instructions to the letter and they found they had wound a toroid on
the
SWR bridge backwards, the one place that it is crucial.

73 es hope to hear you on the air!  Al   WA6VNN