This morning I decided to update the firmware to 2.46 on both K3 1062 and
1193.   K3 #1062 worked fine.   K3 # 1193 locked up and would not load.
Both K3s are connected to the same computer with 1062 on Com1 and 1193 on
Com3.  (NOTE:  This config has worked for every previous update)   I tried
to reload again and the load would not work until I moved 1193 to Com1.
After the load all seemed fine.   I then tried to load (reload) 2.46 on 1193
with Com 3.  It appeared to load fine.

The next step was to bring up my rig control sw (WriteLog and DX4win) and
that is where the fun starts...again.

The K3 that would not initially load the latest firmware was also not
visible to either of my rig ctrl software programs.

What I did:

Swap serial ports - 1193 not available  (K3 1062 works on both ports - NOT
THE COMPUTER)
Down grade Firmware to previous version that did work:  2.38 - 1193 not
available  (FIRMWARE REV HAS NO IMPACT)
Swap in a totally new serial cable:  1193 not available
Moved new cable to 1062 - 1062 works fine (NEW CABLE IS FINE)
Saved configuration of K3 - 1193 to get ready for a reset
Did a reset on K3 - 1193 (K3 1193 now available on rig control sw)

Did a RESTORE of K3 configuration - (K3 1193 is NOT AVAILABLE)

I really don't want to go through all the setup again if this can be
avoided.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ???

Please respond direct on via reflector as I only receive the journal version
- not individual messages.

HELP,
Bruce - N1LN