Wayne

I hope I am not asking too much, but the K3 is nothing like as easy to use in "channelised" mode as many other transceivers are. A basic TS570 has a V/M switch, you are either in VFO mode or Memory mode. In memory mode rotating the multi-function knob switches through memories, receiving on each as you switch, even changing bands. It doesn't rely on copying the contents to the VFO, prefixing them with a "*" or any other "work arounds". The later TS480 works in the same manner.

Short of bringing out a MK2 version of the K3's front panel, I guess you have painted yourself into a corner as there isn't a VFO/Mem switch on the K3.

73 Dave, G4AON
===============================
Julian, Dave, Tony:

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for. The K3 lets you
designate any number of variable-length blocks of channelized frequency
memories, then use VFO A to instantly hop among them. You can also do
channel-hop scanning within one of these blocks.

For example, I have memories 61-65 set up as a channel block for the
five U.S. 60-m frequencies. From any band, I can simply recall one of
these memories, and the VFO becomes a "channel" control, just as if the
rig were crystal-controlled.

Similarly, I have a block set up for 2-m repeaters, etc.

Am I missing something?
<SNIP>
Wayne
N6KR