Check with N8LP.  I suspect Simon is making use of one/more
of the new commands that Larry is not supporting with the
current version.

HRD is very hard on a rig and interface as it polls for a lot
of information.  If third party hardware/software can survive
HRD it can handle almost anything.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV