--Original Message Text---
From: Roger Marrotte
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 11:14:14 -0400

I've been trying different DTR and RTS settings (CONFIG|PTT-KEY) to get PTT and
CW to work with a
serial port connecting my computer to my K3.  In particular I've been trying to
get Writelog and DX4WIN
to work. I'm using a real serial port and a serial cable with all pins
connected.  The cable/port works fine
for communications with the radio.  Using various settings of PTT-KEY and
various setting for Writelog
and DX4WIN, the rig goes into transmit sometimes but does not sent CW.  I've
searched old emails and
so far nothing is working.  So, if anyone has this working for Writelog and/or
DX4WIN, I'd appreciate if
you could give me know good settings or some advice in general.  It seems
simple to do but I can't get it
to work.  I had all this working with a microham micro keyer but I want to try
this "simpler" approach.

Thanks,

Roger, W1EM