I like the W1, and it works just fine here.  Do not have it in any kind of
enclosure.  It is mounted on the rear of my operating desk such that it is
at the correct angle for a good view of the display LEDs.  This is
accomplished with a couple pieces of clear packaging tape around the input
and output coax connections.  I power it from the external 12V line from my
K3 so that it powers up with the K3.

One hint that VASTLY improves the usability.  When you build it, replace the
first 6 LEDs on the row of SWR indicators with different colors.  I use
green LEDs for 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3;  yellow LEDs for 1.5 and 1.7;  and an
orange LED for 2.0.  This way you can instantly see the status of your SWR
at a distance without needing to read the very fine print on the PCB.  With
all red LEDs as supplied by Elecraft the display isn't very user-friendly.
The replacement LEDs are readily and inexpensively available from Mouser or
other vendors.

                  ... Craig AC0DS