I have tried all tests and checks offered up by you good folks but none of them
have cured my problem. I have even gone to a local ham buddy that has built one
and we both could not find the cure. I have verified that all the parts are
correct and in the right place. I have re-soldered all joints, those looking
questionable or not. I also verified that the 12597.91 frequency displayed is
in fact accurate.all voltages are correct, L31 is correct and capacitors c84 &
c85 are correct. When checking the cathode voltages on d16 & d17 the voltage
did come and go when hitting the band- and band + buttons. I noticed the
voltage came and went on BOTH of the diodes simultaneously. Male?logic?kicked
in and said is that right? If the two diodes are used to vary the frequencies
to the display shouldn't they be activated one at a time, one with band+ and
one with band-?"
Thanks in advance for your input.
73
Dan