Ralph,
I use a top ten Yaesu decoder without modification with my K3 and it works fine. The TT box has pull-up resistors already, so you don't have to worry about that. The only tricky part is figuring out the pin numbering on the DB15 on the back of the K3. I had to use alligator clip leads to get it right, then wired up a permanent cable. Also, if you start with a premade cable, it needs to have all the pins (which some monitor cables don't).
 GL and 73, andy, ae6y
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ralph Parker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2008 11:48 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] K3: Band outputs to external decoder

Hi Gang:
#1823 is working well, but I need some advice.

I have previously been using a Yaesu 'MP with a TopTen band decoder to
switch antennas.
Comparing the K3 band0 to band3 outputs (via DB-15 connector) to the Yaesu
outputs, I thought I'd matched them to the TopTen, and made a suitable cable.

CONFIG:KIO3 is set to NOR
K3 BAND0 to BAND3 outputs seem to correlate to TopTen A to D inputs.
The description on P.19 says "This mapping matches that of some third-party
band decoders". I assumed that the TopTen might be one of those.

However, the TopTen does not respond.

Anybody else tried this?
Where have I gone wrong?

VE7XF