So I am patiently waiting for my K3 to ship (katiegram came end of last
week, Woohoo!) and so I have been using my K2 as the main station radio
after selling my IC-756Pro (still a great radio in its own right...)

Anyway, this evening I was trying to update my records after my latest batch
of bureau cards came in, and tuning along a mostly quiet 20m band. Worked a
mobile station in TX, and then casually tuned up the band. I actually tuned
out of 20m by a little bit up to 14359 (14359.03 on the display to be exact)
and BAM! I got an S9 tone. It goes from totally quiet to S9 as soon as the
tuning display hits 14359.03. happens with no external antenna. It obviously
must be an internal birdie, but I don't ever remember one that seems to be
so abrupt - it's like something breaks into oscillation right at that point.
It is totally repeatable. If I continue tuning up, it just drops in
frequency and goes out of the passband. But tuning up to it from lower in
frequency, it is not there at all, and then THERE!

Everything else about the rig seems fine, so I am not sure this is even a
problem. But I am kinda curious to know if this is 'normal' behavior, or
what. I don't normally tune out of the ham bands on the K2 (not much point
to it) so I just stumbled onto it. No idea if the radio has always done this
or not.

Any ideas as to what this is, and if it represents any kind of an issue?

73 de KE0MF/Mike