After several weeks of faultless operation the low and unstable output power
came back on 80m cw this morning. Following up a previous hunch I did the 50w
TXG calibration and got the ERR TXG message...tried another couple of bands
with same result.

I retuned higher up the band and retried - this time no error message. When I
checked the TXGN HP constant however it had gone right up to well over 100 from
the seeming usual value of around 35 and each time I pressed TUNE to repeat the
calibration the value went up a bit more each time. Adjusting the filter offset
value a small amount also appears to cause the ERR TXG to leave me in peace but
can't remember what happened to the gain constant.

I sort of lost track of what I was doing but it's back to normal now with the
txg constant back down to 32. Don't think it's anything do with synthesizer/vco
as the receive is always normal. Might shift the 2.7kHz filter from position 2
to 1 just for grins as the archives turned up a report which said to use
position 1 if you have only the one filter; I also have a 500 and 250 Hz filter
but it's easy enough to do.....

73,

Stewart Rolfe, GW0ETF