I agree, tech mode should contain only those options used when setting the
radio up for the first time, or configuring the various modules on and off.

Whether that would stop my PA mysteriously setting itself to Bypass I don't
know. I haven't identified the circumstances that cause it, but I do often
operate at QRP levels and also quite often put the K3 into test mode to
prevent accidental transmission. Then sometimes I find that I can't turn the
power up past 12W. This caused some panic the first time it happened, until
I found the KPA3 option had been set to Bypass. It has happened several
times since, and it is certainly not me that is disabling it.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.ham-directory.com/ Ham
Directory    http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html KComm for Elecraft K2 and K3