I have just experienced an odd problem with my K3 (serial number 01476); while operating on 60M, SWR 1.1:1, it shut down.

I turned it on again, and mid sentence, same thing.

This repeated several times.

The last time saw some odd message about PTT flash as it was powering off.

Since then, I have operated again, same frequency, same antenna with no problems.

Not being into poltergeists and other explanations of that sort, has anyone had a similar experience?

I am thinking maybe the antenna / balun / feedline has an intermittent continuity problem that I need to track down (or hope it fails hard before the rig does).

Any alternate theories or ideas how I might track this down?

Wouldn't it be swell if some shutdown conditions saved an error code to some config menu location(s)? (just daydreaming, but car ECUs do that).

Thanks and 73 de Dave, W5SV / NNN0SLA