I don't have any of the problems Charles mentions. The K3 front panel is
very well designed, especially given its compact size. I change bands, modes
and frequencies frequently. Although I have little patience for
memorization, I find it very easy to remember my convention for using memory
recall to go to 80m with Memory 8, 40m with Memory 4, etc. Although I have
played around with Ham Radio Deluxe, a very nice program, I don't use it in
day to day DXing, rag chewing, contesting or band searching. The K3 is a joy
to use "as is" for every type of operating I do. I do use a logging program
for contesting, of course, and it displays K3 frequency and mode. It can
also change them. I don't use that capability for routine band/mode changes,
preferring the front panel of the K3. I do use "point and shoot" to capture
multipliers and that sometimes commands a band change. I may add a
panadaptor some day.

/Rick N6XI