Hi all,
The reason I love Elecraft so much is that they give me options. With the K3 I get a fantastic radio with 6m included. On a personal note, I use 6m but not as a main band. I want a radio that does everything. Now if the 6m preamp was built into the radio, that would increase the cost of the basic unit, making it more expensive for me. I love the fact that I can buy a basic radio and add to it as time goes by. Even with all the 'extras' it still comes in cheaper than *any* of the other radios in its class :)

From my point of view, I am happy to add the performance where I need it and currently 6m is not a priority for me, so why should I pay for it until I am ready? Unless I am mistaken (and it has been known :) ), all the figures for the receiver, including 6m were published right at the beginning. The preamp is less than the price of a run of decent feeder to the 6m aerial which I personally think is cheap but of course YMMV.

Please Elecraft, keep giving me options and keep the cost of the basic radio down. I can add the options later.

73 Ian

--

Ian J Maude, G0VGS
SysOp GB7MBC DX Cluster