Franki,

Were you able to fix your SSB audio problem?

One area you might want to check is what you have the SSB filter offset
set for. If you have the 2.8 kHz filter, this offset should be zero. If
it is the 2.7 kHz filter, this offset is usually in the -0.80 to -.90 ,
with most set for -.85.

What is your SSB filter offset set to in the K3 menu?. If it is
incorrect, that will cause the muffled audio reports.

73, Eric   WA6HHQ

Franki ON5ZO wrote:
Is there any K3 user that can give me some advice?

I don't do SSB very often and it's the first time I try this mode with the K3. I'm setting up for next weekend. I have a K3 and talk into a HC4 mic element connected to a microHAM MK2R+. This then drives an ACOM 1000.

First off, my audio sounds 'smurfified' through the monitor. I have no other way to describe it. On the air sollicited audio reports are not flattering, Another thing I noticed (compared to my TS-850) is that the K3's and amp's power meters do not give much deflection unless I shout. I've been fiddling all day and begging reports but the best report I got was "no highs, no low, only mid range".

Here's what I have: MIC gain = 4, compression = 1, TXG-VCE = 1.5dB, and TX EQ = flat.

I'm not interested in HiFi audio, I just want clean and sharp modulation for contesting. I'm not used to bad audio reports with the TS-850 which does not have a lot of parameters (didn't even use compression on that rig) so I hope someone has some advice on what parameters to tweak the K3 for success.

TNX / 73 de Franki ON5ZO = OQ5M
http://on5zo.spaces.live.com/