Kieth,

The answer is 'it all depends'. You will have to do some checking of the information about that particular mic. Look at the microphone pinout information. If either pins 5 or 6 are used, then that particular Kenwood microphone is *not* compatible with the K3. If pins 5 and 6 have No Connection, then that Kenwood mic can be used by the K3.

In general, a Kenwood dynamic mic that does not have an internal preamplifier usually meets the compatibility criteria, but Kenwood Electret mics and those with an internal preamp will not work.

73,
Don W3FPR

Keith Bainbridge wrote:
Has anyone tried Bob W2ENY's Kenwood headsets on a K3, do they plug straight in being Kenwood plugs or do they need modification? They seem to be excellent units and I'm looking for a possible headset/ mic combination to use here at home with K3 #133 and with our radio club ( VK6ANC) two K3's when we get them in a few months time.
Thanks guys
73
Keith