Kok Chen wrote:

> If you are using AFSK, a separate sound card can prevent computer
> chimes, beeps and music from being transmitted on the air.

If you are dedicating your computer sound card for radio use, as I do with
my shack computer, you can just disable all the sound effects from the
control panel.

Personally I'd hang on to the SignalLink, but only for the convenience of
keeping the computer's sound card for other uses.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.ham-directory.com/ Ham
Directory    http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html KComm for Elecraft K2 and K3