Hi Don,

I am sorry I should have said:

The K2 with the  KPA100 removed behaves normally, current
does not exceed 2.5A on any band at full power (between
10-17 Watts depending on band 40M I get the most power)

I have retuned 80 and 160M and I have checked all the
components for correct value C11,12,13,14,15 + 16, L34 +5,
160M board checked C1,2 and 3 and L1 and L2 for 21 turns.

Now UK band is 3.5 to 3.8Mhz 300 KHZ wide 80 Metre gives
full power where ever I centre tune 3.6, 3.65, 3.7 or 3.75
MHz, now top band I get 15 Watts if I tune at 1.9 MHz drops
off a bit at 1970 upwards, and also 1840 downwards, however,
in dB terms lest than 1.5dB across the band, looks worse in
watts when you see 15 drop to 10! I have compromised top
band to give the max output between 1900 and 2000. It is
better than it was.

With your help, I am beginning to think that the input match
to the KPA 100 is not 50 OHMS on top band, hence the high
current warning( High return loss). I will replace the
co-ax, as a start, and measure S11 and S12 form my network
analyser, and check the match into the KPA100 and report
back, it is odd the other bands seem happy with the match. I
must of damaged something somewhere removing the KPA100.

73's

Andrew