Hi,

No, I had not noticed that. I updated last night and worked several 80m DX
contacts (80m was in fantastic shape last night), but did not solicit nor
receive any audio reports. But I had no problems being heard and copied. I
also did not notice any difference in the ALC readings nor did I notice any
change in my analog metering of the RF output. I run with a compression
setting of 20.

This is not the first time people are reporting mysterious and apparently
unintended changes to the audio processing, both on the receive and transmit
side. And almost never do we hear any confirmations or denials from
Elecraft. Are you sure the changes are for real or could it be that your
buddies have developed a reduced tolerance for processed audio over time?
Could Elecraft please indicate whether there are any intended changes to the
transmit audio processing in version 2.58?

Knut - AB2TC

NZ0T wrote:

> I downloaded the new 2.58 beta with no problems but the regular group I
> ragchew with on 160 SSB immediatly noticed that I was overdriving the rig.
> I had not changed the mic gain or comp settings at all from what this
> group had helped me set it at when I got the rig a couple of months ago.
> We found that if I reduces the comp from the 10 I was at to 0 and the mike
> gain from 20 to 18 everything was fine.  Moving the comp up to 10 gave
> plenty of presence for DX work but 20 was too high.  I use the MH2 hand
> mic.
>
> Anyone else noticed this?
>
> 73,
> Bill NZ0T