* AM TRANSMIT: CONFIG:TXG VCE no longer affects AM transmit.

Is there now going to be a new AM carrier adjustment?

We had several complaints about TXG VCE messing up AM power levels, which resulted in the change.

The way it works now is that the carrier will initially typically be a little on the low side. As you send audio through it, the peak-detecting ALC will take over and make the final adjustment to transmit power. This results in the peak power management with high modulation while not overdriving someone's attached linear amplifier's input protection circuitry.

That said, we're looking into further improvements in AM transmit.

73,

Lyle KK7P